Thursday, August 26, 2010

My next craft project.

So, right after we started the house stuff, ohh SIX WEEKS ago (crazy fast people!) I went with my lovely Ms. Becca to Big Lots. Gotta style a whole house you know! Well I found then and fell in love with the ginormous mirror with lots of pretty detailing on the frame. But, at the time I had no idea how fast this would all happen so I didn't get it.

But it hasn't left my head since that day. I had already mentally placed it above the table I redid.

Well yesterday I found out that we will be signing papers for the house today (!)

Now I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything else for the house until we moved in and I could see how everything we already have looks. But I needed to go to the bank to get some cash for a freakin sweet Craigslist find, and ended up passing right by Big Lots.......and couldn't help myself. I went in and walked straight to that mirror and bought it.
Now, I'm generally a very conservative shopper. I have to LOVE something, then walk around the whole store holding it before I will commit. But I had been lusting after this mirror for weeks. And it was crazy cheap to boot. I don't know the exact measurements, but its almost exactly the same width as the table. IT'S MEANT TO BE!


There it is kids. (BTW, it took me awhile to figure out a good way to photograph a damn mirror. I'm new at this. It's sitting on an ottoman reflecting the ceiling.)

Well, the color is a grayish, pale pale greenish, kinda goldish...meh. It's not awful, but I don't love it.

This is what I love-
(Pre ottoman revelation)
I lloooooovvveee the detailing on this frame. It's getting painted black to match the table pronto. But I can't decide if I want to add any silver, and if so, where. It's gonna stay just black for awhile until I decide.

Don't worry kids, I'll show you how it turns out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment