Sunday, February 20, 2011

A year in my life

(To give credit where credit is due, I am totally copying Erika from Newlyweds on a Budget on this year roundup post) (PS- She is a stranger and has commented my blog more than once, so I am officially calling her my first blog made friend. She doesn't know this, but that's OK. I like to pretend)


It was definitely the biggest impact year of my life, by far. August 2009-August 2010

August 29th, 2009- I got braces. At the ripe old age of 23 and every penny paid for by yours truly, I made the decision to fix my snaggletooth mouth once and for all.

Before and after 6 months.
I do wish I had taken better pictures before they went on, and just after. But it was so god awful that I told myself I didn't want to remember. Hindsight 1, common  sense 0.
This also happened to be the DAY AFTER my first day back on a college campus (my first year was all online). Talk about social awkwardness. Fat girl with adult acne and adult braces who hasn't been in a school in 6 years. Fun!

February 3, 2010- After 4-1/2 years together, Clint proposed. It was wonderful and cute and ABOUT DAMN TIME. We set the date for 9-10-11 (just after my 2 year braces sentence was up, and 1 day after our 6 year anniversary.

The only pic from our "engagement party"
 and me 25 pounds heavier, yuck.

May 20, 2010- I graduated from college. Granted, it was only community college and an associates degree but it is still more than anyone in my family has done before. And for someone who didn't have a real high school graduation (I graduated 2 years early and didn't do the ceremony. Ya, I kinda used to be a genius) it was a big deal.

Ya, I'm awesome.



From the awards ceremony the night before graduation.




















Love this picture.

That tall guy behind me was hilarious.
Made the boring ceremony liveable.




















Me and my momma.

FUNNY STORY: My mom has had some balance problems and had been falling down a bit. So before and after the ceremony, me and the Mr were watching her and helping her to make sure she didn't fall. As we were leaving the stadium, I walk down a step, tumble down 4 stairs and FALL FLAT ON MY FACE. In the cap and gown and all! It was HILARIOUS.

July 15, 2010- After hearing how ridiculously low mortgage rates were, I said 'what the hell' and we met with a mortgage broker for the first time ever. She gave us the most amazing news- we could totally afford and qualify to buy a house.

July 19, 2010 (yep that's 4 days later, and includes a weekend!)- We are in contract for our first house, the first house we actually toured with a realtor. ( I have been breaking into vacant houses for years to have a look around. I use 'breaking' loosely. I would NEVER cause damage to a home. But if you leave a back door unlocked or have a handle that can be opened with a Costco Card? I'm all over it.)



That was the first day we saw our house!


Damn, I'm gonna go over a year. Ohh well.

September 4, 2010- After a week solid of scrubbing, cleaning repairing and packing, we move into our first home. I still can't believe it. I am a homeowner. It's unreal.

October 4, 2010- I start my new job, which I love and am so happy at.


That was one jam-packed (just over a) year. Especially since before that I had been at the same job and just dating the same guy for over 4 years. It was a huge jump-start to a stagnant life.

Since then we have been just enjoying making the house our own, spying on our neighbors, happily working, and adopted our puppy Roxie on the last day of 2010.
Now, its getting to the end of February 2011. My braces will be off soon and we are getting married in just over six months.

Let's see what else is to come!




No comments:

Post a Comment