Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Shellie's Money Saving Tip of the Day

Put a band-aid on your face.

I went to the dermatologist today about my lovely 'adult acne'. After discussing my options and writing a prescription, she asked if there was anything else I wanted her to look at. I have always had a little mole on my chin, so I said "what about this?"
She said my insurance would pay for it to be removed if it ever bothered me. I said "Why yes, it does bother me."
 BAM. Five seconds later shes stabbing and cutting and stitching. My hairy mole was gone, just like that.

***Update: Upon removal of said band aid, it turns out the evil woman used BLACK THREAD for the sutures on my FACE. So now I look like I have a spider crawling on my chin. Seriously, do white/clear sutures not exist in this day and age? W.T.F.
 Do you people remember the wedding I have to go to on Saturday?!?***

What does this have to do with saving money? Well I had a craving to go shopping after my appointment. I wanted to go to Target and Bed Bath and Beyond and just look at every little thing and find some fabulous stuff for my house. BUT, when the good Doctor slapped a band-aid square on my jaw, it kinda killed my hang-out-in-public places mood.

So there you have it. Next time you have a craving for shopping, just have facial surgery.

You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment