Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mission Complete

Ok kids, I did it! 7 days, no eating anything that wasn't homemade. That's a big deal for me. HUGE.

Last night was super lazy so I just boiled some spaghetti noodles and added pesto sauce with a little Parmesan cheese with a side of garlic bread. It was fabulous. But I love me some pasta so that's no shocker.

Today Clint took a sick day. It was the weekend so we were both home anyway, but he literally is still in bed, and it's 8pm. He's gotten up to pee and that's it. I've been waiting on him all day.

Anyway, so I made chicken noodle soup from scratch for dinner. For some reason it didn't sound good at all to me so I didn't eat any but the Mr. says its good. I did however make too much chicken so I whipped up another batch of the BBQ chicken burritos for lunch for work tomorrow- yum city!

The recap, dinner challenge:

Day 1: Tuscan Turkey Meatball Soup
Day 2: Mustard Glazed Salmon
Day 3: Oven Barbecued Pork Chops
Day 4: (invited to a friends but we had) BBQ tri tip, mashed potatoes and broccoli.
Day 5: The best burritos ever- Seriously, make these.
Day 6: Pesto Pasta with garlic bread
Day 7: Chicken Noodle Soup with dill

Now, I know none of those are outrageous recipes, but it was something different for me, and I actually did it. You know what? It wasn't so bad. I wanna cook more. I still have a couple recipes to make and since the Mr is sick, I'll give him a couple more days until its his turn.

Thanks for playing.

Can I go back to crafting now?

No comments:

Post a Comment