Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Home


View from our front door

Just got back from a nice walk with Roxie. We live in a neighborhood that goes in somewhat of a square, and it is butted up against a bunch of empty land against the river. Well while making the rounds around the neighborhood I decided to take a dirt road that lead up into the empty land. Low and behold it went a full circle along the river just past the neighborhood. So open and beautiful and made for a great walk. My new goal is to take her on that walk every day that's its nice out after work. It felt great to just go out and walk with her and my Ipod.
I would have taken pictures, but that would have turned off my music so I didn't, lol. Next time (hopefully tomorrow), I promise.

Seeing all that beautiful land right next to my house just made me appreciate where I live even more. People say the worst things about Oroville (that are mostly true), but no one mentions the good. We have a huge lake, a river running through the entire town, lots of parks, bike trails, trees and beauty. I happen to love it.

Sunset from our front door.

From inside the living room window
At the river, like 1/4 mile from our house



When I first moved here I thought it was a death sentence. All I wanted to do was get out and go back to the city. Now, I'm still a city girl but I can greatly appreciate the other side. My grass is greener.








All of those are less than 10 minutes from my front door. How amazing is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment