Thursday, March 17, 2011

My mother hated me when I was young

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I'm here to share a traumatic fond memory of my childhood.

My mom is very festive. VERY. So on St. Paddy's when I was in 4th grade, my mom went all out. She sent me to school pretty much dresses as a leprechaun. I had a green sparkly vest covered in light up pins, a green bow tie, giant shamrock earrings and a green plastic top hat. Ohh ya, I thought I was the shit.


I <3 google images. I have no clue who that is. Or why she is eating a kitten.

Now had there been a costume contest or festival of some sort at school that day, I would have ruled. But there was not. There was just a school full of kids is a green T-Shirt or sweater, looking at me like I was insane. Luckily we ran out of time before painting shamrocks on my face and I was able to take most of it off and shove it in my backpack for the day.  But that damage was done.

So here's to St. Paddy's and that memory that is burned in my brain for all time. Thanks mom. It must have left some permanent damage too, because a month after I turned 18 I got a tramp stamp tattoo of a shamrock.

Aww, my first apartment. The pink bathroom and band posters on the wall.

 Ahhhhh, stupidity. I think I'll call my mom today and tell her that was her fault. She'll have a fit and yell at me. Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment