Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Growing Up

At what point in life do you feel like a grown up? I'm about to be 25, have a mortgage, a college degree and am getting married. But every time I walk or drive around my neighborhood I wonder if the people who see me think I live with my parents. I feel like they see me as a kid.

So is there a point in life when you suddenly think "ohh, I'm the grown-up now"? Or are there 40 year old stay at home moms out there who still look around and think their not 'there' yet?

Is it having kids? I know people who have kids who are more immature than my 5 year old niece.

Is it just age? My best friend is 56 years old and still giggles when anyone mentions the last name of her husbands golf buddy's, the Seamen's. (Hi Boe!) She is the most fun person I know and we get together and act like pre-teens some times and I absolutely love that.

So, what are your thoughts world? Do YOU feel like a full fledged 'grown up'?

No comments:

Post a Comment