Thursday, January 26, 2012

An unwelcome interruption

So, the other evening I went to take a nice refreshing shower after my workout.

 

You know what is not fun? The smoke detector going off while you are in the shower. You know what’s worse? When your detectors are wired together so all Seven  of the smoke detectors go off at the same time. They also can’t be turned off until it detects clean air.

 

Now, I know they are great for protection and I am very glad they are there.  But when you have a head full of shampoo and have just put on your fancy face scrub and there is no fire……its not the time.

IMG_0147

See, the detector is right outside the bathroom door in our bedroom. Apparently (according to the Mr)  the sensor must be dirty and it detected the steam as smoke.

I wish I had a hilarious action shot of me jumping out of the shower dripping wet and fanning the detector to get it to stop, but I guess you’ll have to use your imagination.

Anyone ever have a smoke detector mishap?

No comments:

Post a Comment