Monday, January 23, 2012

I'm stalling

So, we did have an eventful weekend of painting the front wall of the living room. Alas, the Mr didn't get the doorbell or motion sensor re-mounted or put my glass vases back up on the shelf above the closet. So I don't have after pics for you just yet.

Sneak preview!

Instead I shall give you pictures of my adorable family. Because it's my blog and I can.


Allie. Her favorite hiding place in the house. She was PISSED that I busted her out.


Henry. He has both front legs, I swear.


Roxie. Her face is kinda weird in this picture.


Nope, still weird. That dog is just not photogenic.




Well, to at least keep this post semi house related I shall share an awesome tip I learned this weekend.


If your paintbrushes are all hard and caked with paint, put them in a saucepan of hot vinegar. Soak for 1 hour, then simmer for 10 minutes. Wash with soapy water and the old paint will come off and your bristles will be soft again.  YAY!

(FOR WATER-BASED PAINT ONLY!)

3 comments:

  1. Your pets are so cute! That look on Henry's face is what my dog uses to guilt-trip us into giving her treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Ours don't need any special looks, Clint spoils them beyond belief!

      Delete
    2. Same here, but I think ours deliberately uses that look after she's already been spoiled by my parents (she occasionally stays at their house and "visits" with them and their dog).

      Delete