Monday, March 5, 2012

End table makeover and new couch


So we have had this end table since…..forever. It was a hand-me-down from a friend who got it as a hand me down. It has sat in our living room holding a laptop for years. We really like that the drawer is on the shallow side so you can open it from the couch easier.
IMG_0246
It has seen better days.

Up until now though, it always sat hidden between a wall and the couch, so I didn’t really care too much about how it looked.

IMG_0790[1]

So, in plans  to get a new sectional couch, this table was now going to be front and center so it needed some attention.
I decided that I only wanted to repaint the top because I’m lazy  to give it some contrast.
After sanding , wood filling, primer, paint and polyurethane, a new knob and scrubbing down the legs and sides-

IMG_0252IMG_0254
It’s not perfect, there are still a ton of bare areas on the legs- but for now I love it. Maybe someday I will do the rest of it black, who knows.
Here is a shot of the whole room with the new couch and all (after I took off the fake staging props on the table, lol.

IMG_0248
IMG_0250

I am so in love with that new couch it’s not even funny. Partially because I got such a sweet deal on it (good price, sale day, reselling old furniture).
Yay for all being able to fit on the couch at the same time!

1 comment: